Sunday, March 23, 2008




Happy Easter! While living in the South, we learned about Resurrection Rolls, and now they are part of our Easter tradition. The marshmallow melts away when you ake these, leaving the roll "empty" when you bite into it, beautifully symbolic of the resurrection of the Savior. I made these for my primary class today (the 4 year-olds), and they were all very excited to take home their "starter" kit complete with marchmallow. Here's the recipe for anyone who's interested:




Dip the marshmallow into melted butter, then roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place marshmallow into the center of a dough triangle (I prefer crescent rolls). Carefully wrap the dough around the marshmallow. Pinch the seams together tightly to seal in the marshmallow as it melts. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes. When you bite into the roll, it will be “empty” Just as Jesus’ tomb was empty on the 3rd day.

2 comments:

The Nishidas said...

Those rolls are so yummy and make such a good object lesson!! It's interesting that you posted this--I just gave the recipe (on Saturday) to a sister that I visit teach. She made the rolls on Easter and said that her family loved them and the message!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Love--Grandma Nishida ;^)

kim said...

I'm excited for more Michelle Recipes!!! I need help sometimes:)