Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chicago and DC

Thanks to our super Expedia deal find, we we took a couple of trips in September: one with the girls to Chicago for 3 nights ($54...I know, it was a steal!), where we met up with grandma and papa, and one with just the two grownups to DC ($184 for airfare and 3 nights hotel plus car rental for 2 people...couldn't pass that one up, now could we!). I love my girls, but boy did I love being away and getting a good night's sleep three days in a row!

Here we are in DC...kidless, remember? It was nice...thanks for taking care of our babies, Kathy! We really loved the Newseum and the Library of Congress. And the killer garage sale we ran across one morning! I got a bunch of New York Times Best Seller List books for cheap, cheap, cheap! Now I just have to find time to read them!




Here are some pictures from our Chicago trip.



The Bean.



Riding the Ferris Wheel.


Taking an architecture tour of the city by boat.



At the zoo. Miya loves taking pictures...this is her insisting that it was her turn.




At the Shedd Aquarium. This is where I got the idea for our Halloween costumes. This is the first time in a while that Miya has wanted to dress up in a costume, so I thought I'd better capitalize on it!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Sometimes it is just nice to only have to worry about taking care of yourself for a while. We love our kids, always, but, sometimes, it is just nice. You guys sure have some pretty cute kids :)