Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm 1, 2, 3!

Our little Mimi turned 3 at the end of April, and of course, I made another fun cake. There's just something about channeling energy into themed baking....if you haven't tried it, you should. Very therapeutic. :)

And no (for those of you who are wondering), cakes are not the only things I take pictures of or use to occupy my free time...I just haven't gotten around to blogging about the rest of our lives. More to come...promise.

In the meantime, check out this cute cake!



The cows were my favorite...



But Miya really loved the pigs. She took some pigs and piglets to preschool that day to celebrate her birthday.




What a cute bunch of kids, wouldn't you say?

Even Emi enjoyed the baby cupcakes...especially picking the marshmallows off of the sheep.


Thank you to everyone who could come and celbrate with us!





7 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Michelle!!! Those cakes are fabulous! I am so jealous of your talent. Bake on sister! Bake on!

Anonymous said...

WOW that is amazing! Can you post how you did that? What is the red on the barn? And the roof? SO CUTE!

Mandy said...

I just stumbled into your blog and I am just in awe of your fantastic cake skills!

OneSmartCookie said...

The cake & cupcakes are adorable. I wish I had that much creativity. I imagine their birthdays are not only enjoyable, but memorable thanks to you going the extra mile.

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog on a happy accident. I love this cake idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kalesia said...

Your children are very sweet. :)
And the cake is looking delicious. :)

The Parenting University said...

Hi! You don't know me but Robb Clawson and I are friends of Ben and Jana and Robb was looking at your blog. I think Robb knows your husband.

Anyway, I LOVE your farm cake and my son is having his 1st b-day in October and was wondering if you wouldn't mind if I stole your idea. Are the barns made of cake? And it's licorice on the barns right? It is so cute! I also love doing cakes - it's so fun! You do some great work.

Cindy
cindy_clawson@hotmail.com