Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner Swap

I joined a dinner swap group a while back, which means that we get together and exchange several meals each week that we can just heat up at our leisure. It saves me from having to come up with and cook different meals each night, but it requires me to set aside a couple (sometimes more) of hours on Saturday or Sunday to make triple (at least) of a meal of my choosing. Last week I made beef and chicken fajitas. It was by far my most colorful meal, so I took a picture.



Beautiful, eh? This week I made Potato, Leek, and Cheddar Soup with bacon, with parmesan-garlic rolls as a side...from my new Wolfgang Puck recipe book, of course. Thanks Kathy! I've made this soup three times now, and it's one of Jacob's favorites. In exchange, I scored shredded pork with South Carolina BBQ sauce, peach and ginger chicken with a side of rice, and a build-it-yourself pizza kit. We already ate the pizza - fun idea for a swap.

3 comments:

Chad and Bekah said...

The soup was delish =)Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Weil said...

I love this idea! I should find a dinner swap in Zionsville!!

Sunny said...

hi michelle, i recently re-found your blog. congrats on another sweet baby-to-come!

the dinner idea is fantastic, btw.