Sunday, December 14, 2008

Negligence... and Baby Updates

Talk about failure to blog on a consistent basis! It's been nearly a month, and I apologize for our negligence...time flies.

As for updates on the baby...I've had more Dr.'s appointments these past two weeks than I have had in the past 6 months. 6 all together, with 4 ultrasounds. Yes, you heard me right. Our little 3-pound 9-ouncer seems to be doing fine, but we're all keping a close eye on her. I went in for an appointment the Monday before Thanksgiving, and after an hour and a half of being hooked up to the machine for a non-stress test, the baby's heartbeat wasn't accelerating with each movement like they expected it to. This led to the first ultrasound, which lead to a second follow-up ultrasound 2 days later. Then we got to have a pediatric cardiologist do another one to look at the baby's heart, followed by another ultrasound to do all the measurements again. Those last two were on Friday, at which point they declared everything to be just fine, (good muscle tone, movement, heart rate, practice breaths, etc.) with the baby's size consistent with my due date.

So...I still get to have weekly non-stress tests, but probably not more than one or two more ultrasounds. It's actually quite a treat to be able to see our little girl so frequently, and to be able to really watch her grow and develop. Most women only get to have one, and I've had 7! I am grateful for a careful and thorough OB, and for insurance. :)



She often has her hands up by her face, but here are a couple of the most recent pictures. I've seen her blink her eyes, open her mosuth and swallow, empty her bladder, and turn over. Pretty cool.


Oh...and evidently she has "lots" of hair (according to the tech). I'm not sure what "lots" means, but maybe she'll be lucky enough to not be hairless for the first year of life like Miya was. Maybe...

2 comments:

Leah Marie said...

The amount of doctor's appointments with a high risk pregnancy is totally overwhelming, isn't it? I'm looking forward to not having to see a doctor or nurse or dietitian for awhile.

I'm glad to hear that you are both doing well!

t & e said...

That's crazy that you have had to see the Dr's do much. I am glad to hear that the little one is doing good. That is so cool that you have gotten to see her do a lot of things in your belly. We HAVE to go to lunch this week, we are leaving next Monday. Call me!