Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emi's Name

We neglected to post Emi's full name, so let me do that. We named her Emi Kate. Emi is a Japanese name meaning "beautiful, blessed ", and it's pronounced "em-ee" like the Em in Emily. In fact, we chose the name because of the Japanese meaning, and in honor of one of our favorite people whom we lovingly refer to as Emmy (a.k.a. Emily Chaffin...now Belnap). Kate came from...well, we just liked the sound of it next to Emi. It fits beautifully, don't you think?



Incidentally, Miya is also a Japanese name meaning "temple/sacred house", and her middle name Mae is in honor of Michelle's grandma Miller, Della Mae, the best grandma in the world. Really.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Congratulations guys! Emi is beautiful, and I love her name.

kim said...

I love the names you pick, they are perfect. Congrats on another beautiful baby girl. I always wanted to name a girl Mae, but thought Mae Hirt would be a bad combo. "May I Hirt you" "you may hirt soon"