Wednesday, January 7, 2009

She just couldn't wait!

This is Jacob. I just wanted to share a little bit of our excitement and surprise with you. Rather unexpectedly, Michelle delivered little Emi to the world this morning. After two hours of contractions and no time for pain medication, it has been a whirlwind morning (I am sure that Michelle would have a different adjective). Michelle is doing well and so is Emi. Since the birth came so early we expect to be at the hospital for a minimum of several days and a maximum of...well, we are really not sure. Here is our precious baby girl:


11 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I am glad that Michelle and Emi are doing great. Emi's coloring looks great and she is so cute!

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting, and I hope that mama and baby are both ok despite the surprise entrance. :)

Allyson said...

I just ran across your blog, I hope its ok if I follow you and Congrats on your new addition! :))

KQ said...

Yay!! Glad to hear that everything is ok. Have fun!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay!!! So excited for you guys! I hope everyone is ok, despite abrupt entrances! Write more ASAP so we can get the whole story :)

Becky said...

What a sweetie! Congrats to you all. Please keep us updated on how both Emi and Michelle are doing. Glad to hear they're okay!

t & e said...

oh my gosh! I'm glad everything went ok. I would call but will wait til things are more normal. She looks just like Mia! Yeah for Emi!

Leah Marie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys. Hopefully you'll get to go home sooner than later!

THE Grandma Matteson said...

The baby is beautiful, Jacob and Michelle!! What a gorgeous family you have! Jacob, how does it feel to be surrounded by females?? I'm glad that Emily sent me your blog address so that I could see you pictures and keep up on your news, too. (Emi--what a lovely name!)
Beth--Emily's mom

Lisa Weil said...

Congratulations! Emi is adorable. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Let me know if you guys need anything...I'll be at Purdue Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Friday next week.

Lust landar said...

Aww so beautiful! Congrats