Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy 30th!

Jacob turned 30 this weekend, so I threw him a surprise party. We ate soup and bread (thanks, everyone, for bringing the food!) and hung out. We almost played rock band, too...right Dylan?





I tried my hand at making a cheeseburger and fries ice cream cake. I wish I'd taken the time to get some good pictures (since we now have an awesome camera again), but here are a couple of shots (thanks Dylan).



I made peanut butter icing for the bun (topped with sesame seeds), with fondant for the cheese and lettuce, and chocolate ice cream for the burger.



Yummy... Good thing there were lots of people there to help eat it...it was huge.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy day!!!! Mish, I'm' so glad I started stalking your blog! Your family is just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! That cake is awesome. I had no idea you were a master cakemaker.

Bel-E-Button said...

Jacob is JUST turning 30??! What a baby! Happy Birthday Jakey from your old pal Emmy.

Lisa Weil said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! Michelle, that cake looks amazing! You should go on one of those cake competition shows. :-)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That is awesome!!! You did a great job. And Happy Birthday to Jacob!