Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sit ups

I'm finally posting the amazing footage of the infant who does stomach crunches. We've trained her to do 50 every morning and 100 every evening before bed. Okay...no training. She's just a natural cruncher, and she's been doing it since she was 3 months old. This first video is from when she was 4 months old (it's kinda long...I didn't edit it), and the second video was taken at the Miller family reunion when she was nearly 6 months.

Crunches from Jacob Nishida on Vimeo.



Everyone comments on her unusual exercise routine, so I thought I'd catch it on video more than once...she still does this every day!

Sit ups from Jacob Nishida on Vimeo.



I like to think her early obsession with her abs has to do with her umbilical hernia. Her pediatrician said that the hernia would go away (hopefully) as her stomach muscles strengthened. Go, girl, go!

This photo is from Feb 7, at a month old, where you can see the hernia pretty clearly.

5 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Does she still have a hernia? Or did it go away by itself? She is gonna be one athletic little princess. Maybe she learned to do these from her momma? :)

Anonymous said...

She can do crunches better than I can right about now. She is getting so big!

Nishida Family said...

As far as I can tell, the hernia seems to have gone away... the doctor will let us know for sure at the next visit. Yay for crunches!

The Nishidas said...

I think that Emi is going to have to be Grandma's personal trainer--she'll get me motivated!! :)

Lisa Weil said...

Wow, what an amazing baby. We always laugh because Julian does the reverse kind of sit-ups for the lower abs where he lifts his legs up and flexes them in the air for a few seconds before dropping them down. I love her little baby cough and smile too...Julian does that all the time now, I think they learn that the cough is a good way to get our attention. Babies are so smart!