Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vacation

I took the girls to Utah for a visit from June 26-July 5. I managed to juggle my two girls, toys for Miya, a large carry-on (full of diapers, wipes, change of clothes for the 3 of us, etc.), a stroller, and a carseat while boarding a plane. Yes, I did it all by myself. I too, was amazed! Although we survived the plane ride (which Miya was very excited about both times) I probably won't do that alone again any time soon...if I can help it. :) Jacob wasn't able to join us this time because of a conference and work...we sure missed him!




We visited with our good friends Emily and Andy in Provo for a couple of days. We managed to wake up before 6am every morning (sorry Emmy and Andy) because of the time change, but we had a great time. Thanks for sharing your space with us!

We also spent a couple of days with grandma up in Ogden before driving down with her to the family reunioin. I sure love my grandma! She always has a quick smile, laughs a lot, and is so much fun to spend time with. We spent one afternoon at the dinosaur park, and had a ball!


There was a little excavation site where Miya found some dinosaur eggs.

Dinosaur Park from Jacob Nishida on Vimeo.







Miya did not want to leave grandma's house the day we flew home. The conversation went like this:
Me: "Don't you want to go home and see daddy?"
Miya: "I want grandma's home." Me: "We get to fly on an airplane today. That'll be fun."
Miya: (Trying to convince me her idea was better.) "Ride a airplane to grandma's home."

Honestly, I was also quite reticent to leave my Utah mountains, but the thought of seeing Jacob again outweighed my outdoorsy need to commune with nature (Houston summers are not outdoor-friendly...sadly).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss Utah so much!! This is the first time since I was 18 that i will not have been in Utah at least once during the summer. I am so sad. Your pictures look great! I am glad that you had a fun time.